French like any other foreign language composes of primarily; Grammar, Lexical structures, simple and complex sentences etc.
The level required in TEF is B2. Being at this level means you are an advanced speaker /learner of the French language according to the Common European Framework of References for languages (CEFRL).
Learning to pass TEF/TEFAQ is not easy especially when you do not know what is in wait but you can go online and checkout past sample papers and Test. This will enlighten you more on what to expect. Passing these exams won’t be as a result of how hard you have learnt because you may have been very hard on yourself without any rest and with no strategies. The saddest thing will be that you can’t remember anything learnt. Lear to learn smarter and this will be the best way you will pass the Exams. Imagine you can remember almost 95% of all that you have learnt at the exams hall. Why won’t you pass in this case? How then can I learn smarter?
In preparing for a TEF/TEFAQ you should know what to learn and how to let It. Create your own strategy of learning. However this strategy would be able to give you more room, confidence and motivation to learn.
- Primarily, prepare yourself till B2 level of French (refer CEFR) using the recommended books for French like latitude, Echo and others
- Second, specifically for TEF, go for TEF official guide. Available at TEF sites.
- Speak and do practice with another French speaker or moreover create a group. Communication is the best way to improve
- Create a personal time table for yourself at home aside the school’s Timetable. This will help you go back and re-read whatsoever you have done. Practice more with Tef/TEFAQ activity books, online assignments and blogs.
- Avoid studying at odd hours. If you are tired, don’t open the book rather get some rest.
- Try to go over and over what ever you have learnt. Languages require constant practices and reading. Read a variety of materials in French materials like news papers, videos, movies, magazines etc. This will help in your reading and listening comprehension, grammar and sentence structure.
- Work assiduously in areas you think are your weak points. If you still do not get it, contact any person who can be of great help to you.